Punjabi Chana Chole Recipe
How to make Punjabi Chana Chole Masala, Chana Chole Recipe, Chickpeas curry. Chana masala recipe is a popular and famous Indian cuisine. It consists of steamed chole or white chickpeas cooked in a spicy potato gravy. To make the gravy thick, tomato puree and boiled potatoes are also added. You can serve it with bhatura, puri, naan, or jeera rice. Boiled Chickpea (Chole) is mixed with onion and cooked with tomato gravy.
Punjabi Chana Chole recipe is a traditional delicious recipe prepared on almost all special occasions. It is a superb non-stop morning snack with bhathura, available in almost all restaurants. It is famous street food in India. We have prepared a Chickpeas curry recipe for you in a very simple way, you can make delicious chana chole by following our simple steps.
Preparation time 10-12 hours
Cook time 40 minutes
Total time 12.40 minutes
Difficulty level easy
Indian cuisine Punjabi cuisine
Ingredients for chana chole recipe
(01 cup = 250 grams)
Chole (White or Chickpea/ Kabuli) 01 cup
Oil 03 tbsp
Water as required
Coriander leaves 02 tbsp (finely chopped)
Onion 01 size (finely chopped)
Tomato 02 Large Size
Garlic Cloves 6-7
Ginger 02 inch
Salt to taste
Dried Spices For Chana Chole Masala
Bay leaf 1-2 leaves
Tea leaves 01tsp
Cumin Seeds 02 tsp
Fennel 01 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder 01 tsp
Red chili powder (Kashmiri) 02 tsp
Amchoor (dried mango powder) 1/2 tsp
Preparation chana masala recipe
- Soak chickpeas overnight in enough water, according to the quantity mentioned above. If you soak the gram overnight, it cooks quickly.
- When it is less exposed to hot water, its nutrients are not destroyed. However, there are some methods that you can also use to soak quickly.
- Wash the chickpea (Kabuli) with water and wash it well, remove the excess water. Put it in the cooker and boil it for 2-3 whistles.
- To make chana darker and tastier, add 1 tsp of tea leaves tied in a white cotton cloth and put it in a cooker.
- You can also use teabags instead.
- After the chickpeas boil, separate the bundles after boiling, keep it aside in a pot.
Prepare garlic ginger paste and tomato puree
- While you boil the gram, you prepare a paste of garlic and ginger.Ma
- Now put ginger, garlic, and green chilies in the mixer and prepare a paste, keep them in a separate bowl.
- Similarly, prepare the tomato puree from the mixer grinder and set aside in a separate bowl.
How to make chole (Chana masala recipe )
- Heat a pan on a gas and roast all the whole spices for about 1 minute and cool in a plate.
- When cooled make a fine powder with the help of a grinder, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan, add onions, and when it is light brown.
- Now add garlic ginger and green chili paste and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the prepared spices and fry for about 1 minute. After frying add tomato puree, add salt as needed.
- Keep stirring it when oil starts appearing on the edges, then add turmeric, red chili powder, and cook it for 1 minute.
- Now add soaked chickpeas and stir well.
- If gravy likes thicker then add boiled potatoes too. Add more salt as needed.
- Add 2–2.5 cups of water to it and cook in medium flame for about 20-25 minutes.
- Take the cooker down, check if the chickpeas are cooked or not, if not cooked, take 1-2 whistles.
- If you like a bit of sourness, then after cooking, add a little mango powder or lemon juice.
- Now your chana masala recipe (chickpeas curry) are ready, leave it in a big bowl and garnish with green coriander and serve hot.
- You can eat chickpeas curry with bhature, roti, paratha, naan, and jeera rice.
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight or for at least 8 hours, you will take less time to prepare it.
- I have used freshly ground spices. You can also use ready-made chole masala.
- If you like a bit of sourness, then after cooking it, use a little mango powder (amchoor) or lemon juice.
- Tea leaf has been used to add dark brown color to chole masala. You can also make chickpeas without it.
There may be 164 calories (690 kJ) in 100 grams of cooked chickpeas. Ripe chickpeas contain 60% water, 27% carbohydrates, 9% protein, and 3% fat nutrients. Cooking can increase protein quality by neutralizing or destroying heat-responsive anti-nutritional factors.
Chole, Oil, Onion, Tomato, Garlic, Ginger, Salt.
Punjabi Chana Chole Recipe, chana masala recipe, How to make chole, Chana Chole Recipe, Punjabi Chana Chole, chole, chole masala, Chana Chole gravy Recipe, Chickpeas curry, Chana masala recipe.
How to make Patiala aloo recipe. Badam halwa recipe step by step. Banana pancakes recipe step by step. How to make chicken 65 recipe. Palak Pakora recipe step by step. Bread cake recipe at home. Indian chicken curry recipe step by step. Cucumber raita recipe easy steps. Kanda poha recipe: morning breakfast. Chur chur naan recipe at home. Easy tomato soup recipe.