Patiala aloo recipe | aloo ki Sabzi
If you like a spicy potato recipe, then Patiala Aloo recipe (aloo ki Sabzi) is a good option for you. It is a spicy vegetable made in Punjabi style, in which a mixture of dried spices, tomato puree, and mango powder on potato pieces creates a special flavor.
Serve Patiala Aloo Recipe with rice dal, roti, puri, paratha, or curd raita.
How to make Patiala aloo recipe | aloo ki Sabzi. Potato has a special place in North Indian food, any wedding ceremony or festival, potato dishes are made in every household. Keeping this in mind, today we are telling you how to make Patiala Aloo Recipe (aloo ki Sabzi).
Preparation time 10minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Total time 35 minutes
Serve for 04
Difficulty level Easy
Course Lunch/ dinner
Cuisine North Indian
Potato 05 (peeled and chopped)
Mustard oil (any other edible oil) 02 tablespoons
Cumin seeds 01 tsp
Asafoetida 01 pinch
Fenugreek seeds 1/4 tsp
Green Chili 02 (chopped)
Red chili powder 01 tsp
Cumin Powder 01 tsp
Bay leaves 01
Coriander powder 01 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Mango powder 1/2 teaspoon
Vegetable Masala 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1/2 teaspoon
Kasuri Methi 01 tsp
Tomato puree 1/2 cup
Tamarind paste 02 teaspoons
Coriander leaves 01 tablespoons (finely chopped)
Salt as needed
Patiala aloo recipe (aloo ki Sabzi)
- To make Patiala Aloo Recipe ( aloo ki Sabzi), first of all, wash 5 potatoes thoroughly with water. Now peel and chop the potatoes.
- Fill water in a large bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon salt to it and soak the peeled potatoes in water and keep them separately.
- Keep the potatoes soaked in water, the sliced potatoes will not turn black.
- Put mustard oil in a pan and heat it; When the smoke starts coming out from the mustard oil, reduce the flame of the gas.
- After the oil is heated, add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, bay leaves, and a pinch of asafoetida.
- When the cumin seeds start crackling, remove the potatoes from the water and put them in the pan and mix well.
- Now add green chilies and salt in the pan and mix.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- When the potatoes are cooked well, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, mango powder, vegetable masala, and garam masala.
- Sprinkle a little water in the pan and mix the spices and potatoes well.
- Cook for about 1 minute, now add tomato puree and tamarind paste and mix well.
- Cook this entire mixture for about 3-4 minutes, garnish with green coriander and serve it hot.
- Take your Patiala Aloo recipe (aloo ki Sabzi) is ready, serve it with chawal- dal, roti, phulka, or paratha for lunch. read also.
Potatoes (Aloo), Mustard oil.
Patiala Aloo recipe, Aloo recipe, aloo ki Sabzi, North Indian.
How to make Fara recipe. Moong dal ke mangode recipe step by step. How to make Cucumber raita. Palak chicken curry recipe step by step. coconut barfi recipe easy steps. Gujrati recipe Chakli at home. Aloo Tikki chaat recipe (Famous Indian street food). Cabbage Kofta recipe.