Palak Chicken Curry Recipe | Palak Murgh
Palak Chicken Curry Recipe is also known as Palak murgh. This is a healthy North Indian Palak Chicken Curry recipe. By adding spinach in your diet, you get nutritious and delicious food. People make many ways, and add spices according to taste. Palak murgh is a rich gravy recipe with jeera rice (Cumin fry rice), matar pulao (green peas pulao) or roti. It is served alongside moist chicken and rich gravy.
It is a classic North Indian dish made with green spinach, cooked with spicy rich gravy and coriander. Mostly its gravy is thick, Some people prefer thin consistency than can add a little water.
Today we are telling you the recipe of Spinach Chicken (Palak Murgh), it may be a little different.
Preparation time 15minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
Total time 55 minutes
Serve for 05
Difficulty level Medium
Cuisine North Indian
Chef Qutub Siddiqui
Ingredients for Palak Chicken Curry Recipe
Chicken breast 300 grams (cut into pieces)
Spinach (Palak) 300 grams (roughly chopped)
Dry fruits (Kaju, Badam) 01tbsp
Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili powder 01 teaspoon
Green chili 4-5 (make a paste)
Onion 02 (big size) (Chopped)
Tomatoes 03 (Chopped)
Ginger garlic paste 02 teaspoon
Ajwain (carom seeds) 01 teaspoon
Green cardamom 5-6 (make powder)
Bay leaves 02
Garam Masala 1/2 Spoon
Fresh cream 02 tbsp (for garnish)
Oil 03 tablespoons
Lemon juice 01 teaspoon
Salt as needed
Palak Chicken Curry Recipe
- To make the spinach chicken curry recipe (Palak Chicken Curry Recipe), first wash the chicken thoroughly.
- Cut chicken into small size pieces and keep it aside in a bowl.
- In this bowl mix 1 teaspoon oil, green chili paste, black pepper powder, salt as per taste, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and red chili powder.
- Cover this bowl with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator overnight. If you want to make it fast then refrigerate it for at least 20 minutes.
Prepare Palak puree
- Wash and chop the spinach leaves.
- Take a cup of water in the cooker, add spinach leaves and cook for 1 whistle. Turn off the gas and allow the cooker to cool.
- When the cooker cools down, remove the spinach and let it cool.
- Now puree it with the help of a mixer grinder. Remove the spinach puree in the bowl and keep aside.
How to make Palak Chicken Curry Recipe
- Now place a heavy bottom pan on the gas, and heat it by adding oil.
- When hot, add bay leaves, cumin seeds, cloves and Dry fruits (Kaju, Badam) and fry for a while.
- Add onion to the pan and fry till it becomes light brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and let it cook for about 3 minutes, leaving the raw smell of ginger garlic paste.
- Pour out chopped tomatoes and stir, add spiced chicken and mix well. Leave it to cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, and salt to taste, and mix well. Cover the pan and allow the chicken to cook well.
- When the chicken is cooked well, add spinach puree (palak puree) to it and mix well. Allow this entire mixture to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- After the spinach chicken is fully cooked, add lemon juice.
- Take your Spinach Chicken Curry (palak chicken curry) is ready.
- Add fresh cream on top and serve with cumin rice, pulao or roti.
Chicken breast, Spinach (Palak).
Palak Murgh, Palak Chicken Curry, Recipe, Recipe, North Indian cuisine, curry
How to make Spring roll. Moong dal mangode recipe step by step. aam ka achar recipe step by step. how to make Fara a traditional recipe. Gujrati recipe Chakli. Upma recipe, morning breakfast. Coconut barfi at home. Aloo ki Tikki chaat recipe, famous street food. Cabbage kofta recipe.