Dal Fara (Fara recipe)
Dal Fara is a traditional Indian dish that is very popular in Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh and is made during special festivals. Its special feature is that it requires very little oil and is cooked in steam. In this, small puri is made from rice flour and then the stuffing of lentils and cooked it steam. learn How to make Fara, Dal Fare recipe, Rice Fara recipe and suggestions related to this recipe.
Dal Fara is served with delicious garlic chutney or green coriander chutney. It is easy to make, its ingredients will be easily available in your kitchen. Come, we and you together make this traditional recipe.
Ingredients for Fara
Ingredients for Stuffing
Dhuli urad dal 04 cups
Chana dal 01 cup
Tur dal 01 cups (optional)
Rice flour as required
Turmeric powder 1/3 tsp
Red chili powder 01 tsp
Garlic 3-4 cloves
Green Chillies 2-3
Asafoetida 01 pinch
Cumin seeds 01 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Ingredients for tempering
Edible oil as required
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves 10-12
Asafoetida a pinch
Green coriander leaves 02 tbsp
Dal Fara recipe
- To make dal fara recipe, first soak urad dal, chana dal, and arhar dal for about five hours.
- Make a paste of garlic, ginger and chili in spare time and keep it aside.
- Pour the dal mixture into a sieve and separate the water, now put this mixture in the mixer grinder and make a fine paste.
- Take the mixture of lentils in a large bowl, add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, asafoetida, and garam masala and mix well.
- Do not add salt now when you start filling it into the puri, otherwise, water will come out of it. Read also.
In the remaining time, you knead rice flour, for this, prepare the dough by adding water and salt to rice flour. Add 2 tablespoons butter and mix well to bring tenderness to the flour.
How to make Fara
- Add a little oil to your palms, mash the dough with it, until it becomes soft. If hard, apply some water. Divide the dough into small pieces. With the help of a rolling pin, roll it like roti.
- Take a sharp glass or bowl of 3 to 4 inches diameter and cut the bread and separate the disorganized part of it. Now you have exactly one rounding fare, place some stuffing in the middle and collect and paste the middle part. Likewise, prepare 4-10 fare on a plate,
Steamed cooking Fare
- Fara is steamed, requires a steamer and if not, you can make it from the arrangement below.
- Place 1/2 liter water in a large pot and heat it. When it is well heated, grease the surface of a strainer with oil and place it over a vessel containing water. Place the prepared fara over it and cook for about 10-12 minutes on medium heat.
- Heat a pan on the gas, cut the fare into 2–3 parts of the horizontal. When the pan gets hot, add 1 big spoonful of oil. Reduce the flame and add curry leaves, cumin seeds and green chilies ( finely chopped).
- After frying, add red chili powder and asafetida, fry for 2 minutes. Now your Fara is ready, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with green chutney.
- If rice flour hardens, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of water while kneading the dough.
- If you do not have a steamer, then heat the water in a big vessel and keep it sieve over it. This makes the steamer work.
इसे भी देखें ( Read also)
शाही पनीर कैसे बनाएं. घर पर जलेबी बनाने की विधि. लिट्टी चोखा कैसे बनाये? ब्रेड रोल कैसे बनाये. गुलाब जामुन रेसिपी स्टेप बाय स्टेप। बालूशाहीकैसे बनाये (Balushahi recipe). पोहा कटलेट रेसिपी । ब्रेड पकोड़ाकैसे बनायें? How to make Spring rolls. How to make Moong dal Mangode. Sabudana Vada recipe in Hindi.