Kheere Ka Raita Recipe (Cucumber raita)
How to make Cucumber raita | Kheere Ka Raita | Raita recipe. Raita, pickle, and papad are the pride of Indian traditional food, without it, the food seems incomplete. However, raita is made in many ways, with many ingredients. But it has a special place in Indian food. Bundi, grape, gram flour, and many vegetables are made of raita. Kheera ka raita is a Solution of salt and yogurt, it is a low-calorie hydrating mixture.
This popular vegetable is available everywhere during summer, grate the cucumber and fry lightly. Whisk the curd well and add black salt, white salt, and red chili powder. Mix grated cucumber and curd well and add delicious nutritious recipes to your diet.
You can make this recipe at lunch or dinner or when guests arrive. Take it in summer, it will cool your body and you will remain energetic.
Preparation time 05minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Total time 20 minutes
Serve for 02
Difficulty level Easy
Ingredients for Kheere ka raita
Cucumber 01 Medium size (Grated)
Coriander leaves 02 tbsp (chopped) for garnishing
Ingredients for Dahi mixture
Sugar 01 tsp
Salt to taste
black salt 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds powder 01tsp
Curd 200 grams
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp (optional)
Mustard seeds 01 tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
How to make Cucumber Raita (Kheere ka raita recipe)
Many people straightforwardly make cucumber raita, add cucumber grated to curd, add black salt and spices. But we are going to tell you a different type of recipe, which is very much preferred in Madhya Pradesh. Read also.
- Wash the cucumber with water and peel it off. Now grate the cucumber and keep it on a separate plate.
- Whisk the curd well, there is no lump in it.
- Now add red chili powder, black salt, sugar, cumin seeds powder, Black pepper powder, and white salt according to the above-mentioned quantity in yogurt and mix well.
- Now add 1 tsp sugar and mix well.
Tempering Kheere ka raita
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add chopped green chilies and fry.
- Now add mustard seeds, when the mustard seeds crackle, add grated cucumber and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, white salt, and 1/2 tsp chili powder, mix well and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour this mixture in the curd bowl and mix well, add chopped coriander leaves and mix again.
- Now your cucumber raita is ready, serve it with rice dal or roti.
If using more sour yogurt, increase the amount of sugar.
While making this recipe, keep in mind that do not put the yogurt mixture in a hot pan, but rather put the cucumber in the yogurt mixer.
Cucumber (Kheera), curd(yogurt), Green coriander leaves, and black salt.
Raita, Kheere ka Raita, Cucumber raita, Indian cuisine, Lunch, Dinner, Recipe