Bharwa baingan recipe (Stuffed eggplant curry)
Bharwa baingan recipe | Stuffed eggplant curry. Stuffed vegetables are made in many ways, we are telling you how to make stuffed eggplant curry (bharwa baingan). This recipe has a mix of delicious flavors and unique spices. Stuffed eggplant recipe is very popular in North India and is a good option for those who do not like to eat brinjal. In this spicy fragrant North Indian brinjal curry, the spices are stuffed inside the brinjal and cooked in the curry. You can serve stuffed eggplant recipe
People make stuffed eggplant (bharwa baingan recipe) in their own way. We have mixed a little potato with small round brinjals in our recipe, you can also make it without potatoes. I love the stuffed eggplant curry vegetable, it is my mother’s recipe and often we used to enjoy it on holidays.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
Total time 55 minutes
Serve for 04 members
Difficulty level Medium
Cuisine North Indian Food
Ingredients for bharwa baingan recipe
Masala for stuffing eggplant
Coriander powder 02 tsp
Cumin seeds powder 01 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder 01 tsp
Turmeric powder 01 tsp
Lemon juice 02 tsp
Mustard oil 01 tbsp
Salt to taste
Other Ingredients for Stuffed eggplant
Small eggplant 1/2 kg (12-14 pieces)
potato 02 medium size (peeled)
Mustard oil 03 tablespoons
Cumin seeds 01 tsp
Bay leaf 02
Asafoetida 01 pinch
Fenugreek seeds 1/2tsp(crushed)
Onion 01 medium size (finely chopped)
Tomatoes 4-5 (make puree)
Ginger 01 inch (make a paste)
Garlic 5-6 (make a paste)
Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
Black pepper 8-10(crushed)
Kashmiri red chili powder 01 teaspoon
Garam masala 1/2 spoon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves 02 tbsp (finely chopped)
Bharwa baingan recipe (Stuffed eggplant curry recipe)
How to make stuffing
- First, wash the brinjal with water and separate the stems. Now cut it into plus size, but the stalk portion remains attached. Keep it aside.
- Wash the potatoes, peel them and cut them into big pieces.
- Make a paste of ginger garlic and keep in a bowl.
- Wash tomatoes and make a puree and keep aside.
- Heat a pan over the gas, fry peanuts in it, and let it cool, then make powder from the mixer grinder.
- Now in the peanut powder, add coriander powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and mix well 1 tbsp oil.
- Add salt, mango powder, and lemon juice to it and mix it well. There is no need to add pie to it.
- Your masala is ready for stuffing.
- Now the stuffed chopped brinjals and cook them for about 7-8 minutes, or about half, by adding oil to the griddle and covering the roast.
- After about 5-6 minutes or half the brinjals are cooked, keep them on a plate.
Cooked bharwa baingan
- Pour 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan and heat it. Now add bay leaves, chopped onion, and ginger garlic paste to the oil and fry well.
- Keep on medium heat and add Kashmiri chili powder, black pepper powder, Fenugreek seeds, turmeric powder, and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and fry.
- Spices are roasted till the aroma starts coming.
- After frying the spices add tomato puree and mix well. Cook it till the oil starts appearing on the edges.
- Add spiced brinjals and potatoes to this mixture and fry, then add salt as per taste and mix slowly.
- Now add about 1/2cup of water and cook, if it is too thick gravy then add more water.
- Cover the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat or until the brinjals are fully cooked.
- Now your stuffed eggplant curry (Bharwa baingan) is ready, add green coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, paratha or rice.
- In this recipe, we have also added potatoes with brinjal, you can also make it without it.
- This is Bharwa baingan curry recipe, you can also make it without gravy.
Peanut, Lemon juice, Salt, Small eggplant, Mustard oil, Onion, Tomatoes.
Bharwa baingan, stuffed eggplant curry, Bharwa baingan curry recipe.
How to make traditional dal Fara recipe. Indian Chicken curry recipe step by step. How to make palak Pakora recipe. How to make spinach broccoli saag. Aloo Tikki chaat recipe step by step. Cheese balls recipe at home. Veg Manchurian recipe step by step. Chur chur naan recipe Dhaba style. Raw mango chutney easy steps. Banana pancakes recipe step by step. Rava appam recipe: Famous south Indian dish.