How to make Tehri | Tehri recipe
How to make Tehri | Tehri recipe | Tahari recipe step by step. Tehri is a popular recipe in North India, it is made by adding vegetables mixed with rice, and lots of spices. Tehri is a great option when there is a desire to eat separately. In this major North Indian Cuisine, rice is made with a spicy taste.
Non-vegetarian eaters make it by adding favorite meat. Tahari recipe is a nutritious recipe, with rice and main spices mixed with saffron and turmeric. Turmeric is used to work joint pain and arthritis. It is also nutritious due to having many vegetables.
Preparation time 15minutes
Cooking time 60 minutes
Total time 1hour 15 minutes
Serve for 04
Difficulty level Medium
Cuisine North Indian
Ingredients for Tehri recipe
Rice 01 cup (soaked)
Potato 01 (sliced)
Tomato 02 (chopped)
Onion sliced 01 medium size
Green chili 2-3 (chopped)
Carrot 01 (chopped) Optional
Green peas 1/2 cup (Optional )
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste 01 teaspoon
Bay leaf 01
Cumin seeds 01 tsp
Black pepper 4-5
Garam masala 1/2tsp
cooking oil 04 tbsp
salt to taste
Coriander Leaf 01 tbsp (chopped)
How to make Tahari (Tehri recipe)
- Clean the rice thoroughly and soak it with 2 times water the amount of rice. After about 15 to 20 minutes it will be ready to make.
- Wash and chop all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Add mustard oil in a large pot or pressure cooker and heat it, add cumin seeds, cloves, black pepper, cardamom, and bay leaves and fry a minute.
- Now add chopped onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and chopped green chilies to it and cook for a while.
- Add chopped tomato and mix well, cook it for about 2 minutes.
- When the tomatoes turn slightly mushy, add chopped vegetables, add turmeric powder, chili powder, and garam masala and stir well.
- Now add soaked rice with water in the cooker, if the water is less then increase the amount of water. Add salt as required and close the lid and let it cook for two whistles.
- Turn off the gas, your tahari is ready, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Serve hot North Indian Tahri with raita, roti paratha or naan.
In this recipe, you can use any vegetable which mashes well.
Some people also add soy chunks in it, you can also use it.
Use good quality rice, it will be tastier.
Rice, vegetables, oil, and spices.
Tehri, Tehri recipe, Tahri, North Indian, Tahari recipe
Read more :
How to make Coconut Barfi. How to make Suji Upma. Habshi recipe step by step. Moon dal mangode step by step. Palak Chicken Curry recipe at home. Cabbage kofta recipe at home. Gujrati snacks Chakli recipe. Patiyala aloo recipe. Aloo Tikki Chaat recipe at home. Cucumber Raita recipe step by step.