Habshi Halwa Recipe
How to make Habshi Halwa | Habshi Halwa Recipe. Habshi is an Urdu word from the Persian habashi. Habshi Halwa is a popular Pakistani dessert. It is extremely popular in Delhi in India. It is a type of dessert and is prepared everywhere in Pakistan during the month of Ramadan. Its popularity can be gauged from the fact that it is also prepared and eaten on the roadside.
The main ingredients of Habshi Halwa recipe are Sugar, Milk, Angoori powder, Citric acid, and nuts. This recipe is easy to make and is ready in about 60-45 minutes. We are giving you the easy method of making Habshi Halwa recipe, (Pudding) follow the steps given below.
Preparation time 10minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
Total time 55 minutes
Serve for 6-8
Difficulty level Easy
Chef Qutub Siddiqui
Ingredients for Habshi Halwa Recipe
Flour 300 grams
Milk 03 kg
Sugar 500 grams
Citric acid 25 grams
Walnuts or almonds 50 grams
Angoori powder (wheat extract powder ) 150 grams
nutmeg, mace, and cardamom powder 01 pinch
Brown color as required (optional)
Liquid glucose 200g
Clarified butter 04 tbsp
Water as required
Chef Qutub Siddiqui
How to make Habshi Halwa Recipe (Habshi pudding)
- Add Angoori powder and 300 gm flour according to the above-mentioned quantity, add water to it and make a thin paste.
- Place a large pan on the gas, add 3 kg of milk to it. Now add angoori powder and flour mixture and stir it. Stir the prepared mixture continuously on the flame.
- Turn off the gas when the mixture starts to boil.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, now add 25 grams of citric acid to it and mix gently.
- When the milk starts to form a curd, turn on the flame, and keep stirring.
- Now add a little brown color and cook.
- When the water of the mixture dries then add butter and 500 grams of sugar to it and stir.
- Now add a pinch of nutmeg, mince, and cardamom powder and stir. Add 3 tablespoons butter and stir.
- Cook it until a separate layer of butter is formed.
- Now turn off the gas, add 200 grams of liquid glucose to it.
- Grease a tray and spread the halwa on it.
- Take your Habshi Halwa is ready, garnish it with walnuts or almonds and serve.
Flour, Milk, Sugar, Citric acid, Angoori powder (wheat extract powder ), Liquid glucose, and butter.
Pudding, Habshi Halwa, Halwa, Pakistani Dessert, Halwa Recipe. Indian cuisine.