Sewai recipe (vermicelli)
How to make sewai | vermicelli recipe | seviyan recipe. Sevai (vermicelli recipe) is a very tasty and popular Indian dessert. This dessert made of milk and dry fruits is liked by everyone on the occasion of Eid. It is very easy to make and you can make it instantly with just a few ingredients. This is the reason that when the guests come suddenly or if you want to eat sweets with food, then you can make it in minutes.
The mildly sweet taste of Sewai (Seviyan recipe) is liked by people of all ages. Dry fruits are also added to enhance its flavor. Vermicelli’s great feature is that you can eat it both cold and hot. Read also.
Sevai and Sheer khurma difference
Sevai Kheer and Sheer Khurma have both milk, vermicelli, and dry fruits but there is a slight difference between Kheer and Sheer Khurma. Both recipes are made on the occasion of Eid, but the Sheer khurma is a much richer recipe as a lot of dry fruits and dates are added to it. Fine vermicelli is used in sheer khurma, while medium thickness or thick vermicelli is used in Sewai.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Total time 40 minutes
Serve for 04
Difficulty level Easy
Course Sweet recipe
Cuisine Indian Cuisine
Ingredients for Sewai (Seviyan recipe)
Seviyan (Sewai/ sevai) 250 grams
Cashew 50 grams
Almond 50 grams
Raisins 50 grams
Butter 04 tablespoons
Cherries 5-8 (to decorate)
Milk thick 1.5 liters
Sugar 01 cup
Green cardamom 6-8 (crushed)
How to make Sewai
- To make Sewai kheer (vermicelli), first, take a pan, add butter and heat it. When the butter goes back, add the Sewai according to the quantity written above and roast it, while frying the Sewai, light the flame.
- Keep stirring the Seviyan and when its color turns light brown. Remove roasted macaroni on a plate and keep it aside.
- Put the same pan on the heat and put milk in it and heat it on the gas. When the milk starts to boil, add roasted sewai (vermicelli) and stir it continuously.
- Keep stirring until it comes to a boil a second time. Now add cashew nuts, almonds, raisins, and Green cardamom and mix it well.
- After a while, the sewai starts to soften, now slow down the gas, now add sugar and crushed cardamom and let the seviyan cook for about 10 minutes.
- After cooking for a while, your delicious sewai is ready, take it out in a large bowl and decorate it with almonds and cashews and serve them hot.
- Some people prefer cold seviyan, in such a situation, you should cool it in freeze and add almonds, Pistachio and cashews while serving. If you keep it at a party, you can decorate 5-7 cherries on it.
Seviyan (Sewai/ sevai), Milk thick, Sugar, Butter, Cashew, Almond, Raisins
Swai, sevai. sevaiyan, Swai recipe, Eid Recipe, Vermicelli. vermicelli recipe
How to make Anarsa. How to make Mawa Gujia. Fara recipe step by step. Easy breakfast Upama recipe. Vegetable pulao recipe step by step. Coconut barfi for your special festival. Moong dal Mangode recipe at home. Cucumber Raita: a traditional recipe. North Indian’s famous Tehri recipes. Palak chicken curry recipe Dhaba style. Paneer Tikka masala recipe Dhaba style.