Vegetable pulao recipe | veg pulao recipe
Vegetable pulao recipe | How to make veg pulao | Pilaf recipe. Veg pulao, pilaf, or Indian pulao recipe is made by mixing spices and vegetables with rice. It is a North Indian dish but very easy to make and is liked by people of all ages. This is a very tasty vegetarian dish, you can serve it with cucumber raita, pickle, papad, etc.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Total time 55 minutes
Serve for 04
Difficulty level Medium
Course Main course
Ingredients for Vegetable Pulao
(1 cup = 250 ml)
Rice (Basmati rice ) 250 grams (1 cup)
Edible oil 04 tbsp
Onion 02 medium size (chopped)
Green Chili 05 slit (use 3 chilies on paste)
Carrot 1/2 cup
Peas 1/2 cup
Beans 1/2 cup
Cauliflower 1/2 cup
Potato 01 (Chopped)
Cumin seeds 01 teaspoon
Cinnamon 02 inch piece (crushed)
Green Cardamom 02 (crushed)
Star Anise (Chakra Phool) 01
Bay leaves 01
Cashew (kaju) 8-10 (optional)
Ginger-garlic paste 01 teaspoon
Garam masala 1/2 teaspoon
salt To taste
Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves 03 tbsp (chopped)
Water as needed
What is Veg Pulao?
Veg Pulao is a spicy aromatic dish of rice made in Indian style and rice and vegetables are cooked with spices. Pulao is made in many ways, such as pea pulao, veg Pulao, mango rice pulao, etc.
Which rice to use for Pulao?
Good quality rice should be used to make veg pulao. Basmati rice is usually the best for making pulao, and it is fragrant and looks beautiful due to long grain. You will get good quality casserole rice at big shopping centers or online.
How to make Vegetable Pulao
Preparation for Vegetable Pulao
- Clean basmati rice thoroughly and immerse it in a large bowl of water. Soak rice in water for about 25-30 minutes.
- After this, remove the rice from the water and put it in a sieve and keep it aside.
- As long as the rice is soaked, then you wash the vegetables. Cut cauliflower into large pieces. Onion cut into thin slices. Cut beans and carrot into small pieces.
- Add the ginger and garlic and green chilies to the mixer grinder and make a paste.
How to make veg pulao (Vegetable Pulao recipe)
- First, put a large wok or cooker on the gas, add 2 tablespoons of edible oil to it.
- When the oil is hot, add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1-star anise, crushed cinnamon, 5 cloves, 2 green cardamoms crushed, 1 bay leaf, and cashew nuts.
- sauté the entire mixture for about 2-3 minutes.
- After this add chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, and 2 green chili slit and sauté.
- Add tomatoes according to the above-mentioned quantity and fry till tomatoes are mushy.
- Now add 1/2 cup Carrot, 1/2 cup Peas, 1/2 cup Beans, 1/2 cup Cauliflower and chopped potatoes and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, garam masala, and salt as required and sauté for about a minute.
- Now pour the soaked Basmati rice into it slowly, add about 2 cups of water and lemon juice and stir well.
- Cover the cooker after about 1 minute of sautéing, cook till 2 whistles.
- Your vegetable pulao is ready, let the cooker cool down, open its lid, and mix the pulao well.
- Serve hot with cucumber raita, pickle, papad.
- Depending on the availability of vegetable stock, you can make it in the Pulao recipe.
- You can also make it delicious by adding Maggi Masala etc. along with other vegetables.
- We have used a cooker to make pulao, you can also cook it by covering a big pot or a rice cooker.
Rice (Basmati rice ), Edible oil, Vegetables (Carrot, Cauliflower, peas, potato, and beans) and spices.
Veg pulao, pulao, vegetable pulao, Pilaf, Pulao recipe.