French Fries (Finger Chips)
How to make homemade french fries | how to make finger chips. French Fries (Finger Chips) is a very easy recipe and if you like instant snacks then this is the right choice for you. This is such a delicious and ready-to-eat breakfast. Perfect and crisp French fries are not made by most people, you must fry it twice to make the French fries crisp like a fast food restaurant using our recipe. First, fry it at low temperature, it softens the potato and secondly, it prepares the surface of the starch and brings crispness.
The origin of the French fries recipe goes to Belgium. French is the language of southern Belgium, due to which the recipe was named ‘French Fries’. The selected potatoes are cut lengthwise and fried in oil and served with tomato ketchup. You can also enjoy mayonnaise or another dip with french fries.
You can also use the Finger Chips recipe during Navratri or another fasting, just you have to use rock salt instead of ordinary salt.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
Inactive 02 hour
Total time 2.45 minutes
Serve for 08members
Difficulty level Easy
Course Side dish
Cuisine American recipe
Ingredients for homemade french fries
Good quality potato 01kg. (2.20 pound)
Edible oil for frying
Dry herbs 02tsp
Chaat masala 01tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
How to make homemade french fries
- First, rinse and peel the potatoes, cut the potatoes into 4 or 5 vertical pieces, then cut each piece into 4-5 sticks.
- Put the chopped potato sticks in a large deep pan, add cold water, cover the pan.
- Allow the potato sticks to soak for about 3 hours. * You can also keep them in the fridge.
- When you want to fry them, remove the potato sticks from the water and spread them on a paper towel, blot it with a paper towel on the top surface to soak it well.
- Pour edible oil in a large pan and heat, fry the whole sticks in 3 or 4 batches, cook for about 4 to 5 minutes per batch.
- The lower fry should not be brown, remove it and place them on a dry paper towel. Similarly, take all the potato sticks and keep them on a paper towel.
- You can call it half-fried potatoes. Spread this fried potato on a paper towel and lightly press some paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Remove all batches and allow them to cool to room temperature.
Second frying for french fries
- To re-fry the finger chips, heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan in a high flame, now pour half the fried potato sticks in the heating oil.
- Fry the potato sticks till they are crisp and golden, now take out the finger chips from the slotted spoon and spread it on the paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Remove finger chips with a slotted spoon. place french fries on paper tissues again to remove the extra oil.
Serve hot finger chips in a bowl, sprinkle salt, red chili, and dried herbs over it. Now serve it with tomato sauce, mayonnaise, or any other dip.
Keep the flame high, including frying the potato sticks for the second time, then the finger chips will become crispy.
You can also sprinkle black pepper or chaat masala over the finger chips.
Good quality potato, Edible oil, Dry herbs, chaat masala, Salt.
French fries, potato snacks, Finger Chips, how to make finger chips,
How to make chakli. Paneer korma recipe step by step. How to make cheese balls. Suji snacks recipe step by step. Eggplant in the tomato sauce recipe. lab E Shireen recipe at home. Chicken seekh kabab recipe Dhaba style. Instant Kesar Peda recipe. Healthy ladoo recipe easy steps. Kalakand recipe at home. Lachha paratha recipe Dhaba style.