Dal Fry Dhaba style (Dal tadka)
Dal fry is a popular spicy Indian dal recipe, made of lentils tur dal and chana dal and tempered with onions, tomatoes, and aromatic spices. This is a scrumptious dal fry dhaba style recipe (Dal tadka) that is best served with Tandoori Roti. You must have eaten this dal in Dhaba and restaurant, let’s know today what is its secret.
What is Dal Fry?
This is a very important dish of the Indian main course which is loved by people of all ages. Dal Fry is a very tasty and thick dal, which is mostly seen in dhabas or restaurants. Usually, this dal fry is a mixture of two main lentils (tur dal and chana dal) after cooking this dal is tempered with garlic onions and spices. Later it is garnished with green coriander and served with tandoori roti and jeera rice.
See other delicious dal recipes
How to make Dal Makhani recipe.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
Serve 04 members
Difficulty level Easy
Course Main course
Cuisine Indian recipe
Ingredients for Dal Fry
Arhar dal 60 gram (washed and soaked for about 30 minutes)
Chana dal 60 gram (wash it and soak it for about 30 minutes)
Onion 01 big (chopped)
Tomato 02 (cut into medium size)
Green chili 2-3 (chopped)
Ginger 01 inch (make a paste)
Garlic cloves 4-5 (make a paste)
Turmeric Powder 01 tsp
Kashmiri Chili powder 01 tsp
Coriander Powder 01 tsp
Cumin 01 tsp
Red chili 01 dried
Bay leaves 01
Salt as per taste
Edible oil 02 tbsp
Ghee 02 tsp
Red Chilli 02 Dry
Cumin 1/2 tsp
Asafetida (Hing) 01 pinch
Green Coriander 01 tbsp (for garnish)
How to make Dal Fry
- Wash the chana dal and tur dal thoroughly and soak them in water for about 30 minutes.
- Put the soaked dal in the pressure cooker and add about 3-4 cups of water.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric, salt as per taste, and tsp oil and close the lid.
- Keep the pressure on the gas and cook the lentils, cook till the lentils are soft but do not overcook otherwise the dal will start looking like curry. After the lentils are cooked, take off the cooker and let it cool down.
- Now put a big pan on the gas, add 2 tablespoons of ghee to it, when the ghee melts, add bay leaves, dry red chilies, and cumin seeds.
- Now add ginger and garlic paste and chopped green chilies to the pan, and fry a little.
- Add chopped onion to it and fry till golden brown, it takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and add a little salt and cook till it saute well.
- Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, and coriander powder and cook on a medium-low flame for about 2-3 minutes. Cook it till oil starts appearing on the sides.
- Now add the boiled dal to the cooker and stir well. Cook it till 1-2 boils.
- Some people also apply the tempering of cumin on top. You can also put
- Now your Dhaba style dal fry is ready, garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with tandoori roti or cumin fried rice.
Arhar dal, Chana dal, Onion, Tomato, Green chili, Ginger -Garlic paste, Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri Chili powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin, Red chili dried, Bay leaves, salt, Edible oil, Asafetida, Green Coriander.
Dal fry, dal fry recipe, veg recipe. Dal Fry Dhaba style., Dal tadka.
How to make cabbage kofta at home. Vermicelli recipe step by step. Bharwan Bhindi recipe Dhaba style.. How to make Palak Pakora recipe. Stuffed eggplant curry recipe. Mumbai famous Batata vada recipe. Homemade Gulab Jamun recipe. Mutton pulao recipe at home. Patiala aloo recipe step by step.