Onion pakora recipe
‘Onion Pakoda’ is a wonderful tea snack to eat with tea in the morning and evening. You can prepare it for the guests in the cold and rainy season or in minutes. It is deep-fried with chopped onions wrapped in gram flour and spiced, then served with chutney, tomato sauce, or any other dip. Read Onion fritters recipe, How to make onion pakoda, Crispy Onion Pakora recipe.
‘Onion Pakoda’ is a popular snack, which is liked by people in every corner of India. It is easy to make pakoras, in addition to the onions, you can give a new flavor with spinach, poi leaves, potatoes, fenugreek leaves, etc.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Total time 35 minutes
Serve for 04 members
Difficulty level Easy
Course Appetizer, Snacks
Cuisine Punjabi traditional recipe
Ingredients for Onion pakora recipe
Gram Flour (Besan) 1 1/2 cup
Rice flour 1 tablespoon
Onion 2 cup (peeled and sliced)
Ginger 1/2 tablespoon (grated)
Green chilies 2-3 (Finely chopped)
Red chili powder 1½ tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
Carom seeds (Ajwain) 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala 1/2tsp
Salt as per taste
Water as required
Oil to fry
Ingredients for green chutney
Green tomato 02 (Chopped)
Green chilies 2-3 (chopped)
Ginger 01 inch (chopped)
Garlic cloves 5-6
Coriander leaves 02 tablespoons
Amchoor (Dry mango powder) 1/2spoon
Salt as needed
How to make onion pakora recipe
- Peel and chop 2 onions in a large bowl, do not keep it too thin or thick. Add chopped green chilies to it.
- Now mix gram flour, rice flour, according to the quantity mentioned above.
- Add red chili powder – 1½ tsp, Turmeric powder – 1 / 2tsp, salt to taste, ajwain, chaat masala1/2tsp and mix well.
- Sprinkle water slowly over this mixture and make a thick solution and mix it well, and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- The mixture should not be too dry and too wet otherwise pakora will not become crispy.
- Heat 2table spoon oil in a pan. Heat the oil well, pour a little solution into the oil to see if the oil is hot or not.
- If bubbles are being formed after pouring the solution, the oil is ready for frying.
- Make pakoras with the help of your fingers and pour them in hot oil and turn the heat to medium.
- Add 6-8 or more pakoras according to the size of the pan and fry it till it becomes light brown.
- When the pakoras turn brown on one side, flip it and fry till it turns brown.
- Take out the pakoras with the help of a spatula. and place it on tissue paper, so that its excess oil comes out.
- Likewise, fry all the onion pakoras.
- pakoras are ready, sprinkle chaat masala over it and serve hot with green, red chutney, or tomato sauce.
How to make chutney
- If you have green tomatoes to make green chutney, then it will be tastier. But you can also make a good sauce with red tomatoes.
- For this, wash and chop tomatoes, green chilies, ginger.
- Remove the peels of the garlic.
- Wash and chop green coriander leaves. Now add chopped tomatoes, green chilies, ginger, garlic, and coriander leaves to the saucepot and grind them with a mixer.
- When the fine paste is formed, take it out in a bowl and add amchoor (mango powder) and salt as per taste.
- Now your green chutney is ready, serve it with hot onion pakoras.
Gram Flour (Besan), Rice flour, Onion, Ginger, Green chilies, Red chili powder, Turmeric powder, Chaat masala, Salt, Oil.
Onion Dumplings Recipe, Onion Pakora, Onion Fritters Recipe, Crispy Onion Pakora Recipe, Pakora Recipe, pakora recipe, Onion pakora recipe.
Punjabi chole bhatoore recipe. How to make Salted Mathri. Mutton Korma recipe step by step. How to make Masala Pasta recipe. Paneer korma recipe step by step. Namak pare recipe step by step. Gujrati Rice flour chakli recipe. Besan Gatte ki recipe. Oven roasted green beans recipe. How to make palak pakoda recipe.